Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kinda quick update

So I've been pretty busy with school. I'm taking a total of 13 credit hours. I'm taking Drawing, General Bio 1, US History 1, and Psychology. So I'm keeping busy with all the homework and reading for those classes and on top of that I work mondays (after my drawing class) and fridays (7-3). Yeah, I am working my booty off. It's only the 1st FULL week of classes and I can tell it's gonna be crazy, especially if I slack off on my homework at all.

I'm already really looking forward to spring break...hahaha in March....
I'm finally figuring out this college stuff hahaha at least I think I am. I am thinking about majoring in biology (or something along those lines). But the problem is that I can't do that here. I'll need to go to a university and finish things up. I'm looking towards going to a school that doesn't have 300 students per class ya know?....if there is even a university out there like that. My cousin mentioned that she's gonna go to Southern Utah University and it looks like a pretty good school (she is wanting to do the same as me, becoming a veterinarian). I believe they have pre-vet courses and I'll probably take some of those courses if I plan on going there with her but I'm still going to stick with a major in biology because you have to major in something (I looked it up and it looks like you could major in just about anything and it wouldn't really matter) before you can get into a veterinary school. So I'm going on some info that I found on the S.U.U. website and I'm kind of going off of what general ed. classes they require and mixing it around with some of the classes here. I already have the English portion of the credits taken care of YAY! And hopefully this history class I'm taking now will count as the "American Institutions Requirement" credit that I need. I hope so because I really don't like history. Honestly where is that info going to be important with being a veterinarian. Sure while I'm checking some person's golden retriever, I can say "Hey, did you know that Abraham Lincoln didn't really want to abolish slavery?" Other than that, it doesn't matter to me. Ugh I hate history.

Okay so I'm not sure if that last "paragraph" really made any sense. I'm saying "paragraph" because I'm trying to sound smart even though that was barely in any form structuraly that could be compared to a paragraph hahaha. You will understand them more if you've heard some of this stuff

So one of the closest vet schools is in Colorado. I am thinking about going there and I'm pretty excited! It'll be cool to live in Colorado.

Well, this was kind of all over the place, at least I think it was, but now I gotta get back to homework. I just wanted to give somewhat of an update.

I now leave you with some funny Dane Cook quotes I found...



No comments: